Monday 30 October 2017

Welcome to AVO cohort number five


As someone told once: a team as like a family and a good team as a real family.

It’s very important for us to introduce this new great family of volunteers from different areas which will be lead by the two fantastic Team-leaders who grew up with the previous cohort: Nelly and Alhassan.

Now we’re going to introduce each pair of counterparts with some pictures. 

Our nice family = A great team




Nelly and Alhassan





Hello, i’m Alassane Sawadogo. I’m a national volunteer. I’ve just achieved my last year in high school and got my baccalaureat. I’m from Koungoussi and I live in Pabré. I’m very curious and I’d like to study History at University. Before starting my studies in few months I’m enjoying a new experience with my ICS team. 

Salut, je suis Alassane Sawadogo. Je suis volontaire national et je viens juste d’obtenir mon diplôme de baccalaureat. Originaire de Koungoussi, j’habite à Pabré. Je suis très curieux et j’aimerai étudier l’histoire à l’Université.Et avant que je ne commence les études dans quelques mois, je prends part avec plaisir à une nouvelle expérience avec mon équipe ICS.

Hello, I’m JOEL BATCHELOR! Recently I decided to leave my rewarding office job of 2 years to take a leap of faith into the life of volunteer. I’ve always been interested in international development and I think ICS is a fantastic gateway into this field. I believe my time and effort is better used for the benefit of those in need rather than the profit of those who already have so much. I do not feel constrained as i did in previous employment, there is plenty of provocation for my creativity spark. Peace&love. 

Salut, je suis JOEL BATCHELOR ! Récemment j’ai décidé de quitter mon travail de bureau dans lequel je suis depuis 2ans malgré le fait que j’étais bien payé, pour faire un acte de foi dans la vie de bénévole. J’ai toujours été intéressé par le développement international et je pense que ICS est une passerelle fantastique dans ce domaine. Je crois que mon temps et mes efforts sont mieux utilisés au profit de ceux qui sont dans le besoin plutôt que pour ceux qui en ont déjà tellement. Ici je ne me sens pas contraint comme je l’étais dans mon emploi précédent et mon esprit créatif est beaucoup mis à l’épreuve. Paix&amour.




Salut, je suis Yannick OUEDRAOGO. Je suis étudiant en Relations Internationales. Je me suis engagé dans ce programme parce que j’ai vu en ICS une opportunité pour moi d’acquérir des connaissances et de l’expérience sur le fonctionnement des ONG, car j’aimerai dans le futur travailler dans des institutions internationales. Mes visions pour ce placement sont entre autre  mon développement personnel et professionnel et aussi  ajouter ma touche personnelle pour l’épanouissement de l’association dans laquelle je suis placé. /

Hi, I’m Yannick OUEDRAOGO. I’m an International Relations student. I am taking part in this program because I saw in ICS an opportunity for me to acquire new knowledge and some experience about the functioning of NGOs, because I’d like to work in international institutions in the future. During this placement I would like to develop personally & professionally, and add my own contribution to lighten up the association in which I’m placed.

Hello my name is Ashley PEARSON, my friends call me Ash! I come from Britain. Before joining ICS I had recently completed a Higher National Diploma in uniformed public services. I studied this course because my goal is to become a firefighter, with my overall life goal to help others and make a difference. I joined ICS to develop myself, gain some experience for my career and most of all: to change the lives of people in need of help

Je suis Ashley PEARSON, Ash pour mes amis! je viens de la Grande Bretagne. Avant de rejoindre ICS je venais juste de terminer un diplôme national supérieur en services publics. J’ai fait ces études parce que mon but est d’être pompier avec mon objectif global qui est d’aider les autres et faire une différence. J’ai rejoint ICS pour mon développement personnel, pour acquérir de l’expérience pour ma carrière et surtout pour changer la vie des personnes moins privilégiées.




Salut! Je suis Ranya ZIBA, j’étudie le Droit. J’aime la danse, la cuisine, la musique, la lecture et le sport. Je suis volontaire national à ICS et je suis très contente de travailler avec AVO. C’est une joie pour moi de participer à ce programme qui contribuera surement à mon développement personnel et qui sera une occasion pour moi de me surpasser et aussi d’apprendre une nouvelle langue et une nouvelle culture. /

Hi ! I’m Ranya ZIBA, I’m studying Law. I like dancing, cooking, music,  reading and doing sport. I’m a national volunteer and I’m happy to work in AVO. It’s a joy for me to participate into such a program which will surely allow me to reach a personal development and to surpass myself and learn about new language and culture.


Hi ! I’m Lydia Peet. I’ve just graduated from University of Nottingham. I’m very excited to have joined ICS to gain more experience in this field before beginnig my Master’s in humanitarianism. I believe everyone can make a positive difference to the world. 

Salut! Je suis Lydia Peet. Je viens d’être diplômée de l’Université de Nottingham. Je suis très heureuse d’avoir rejoint ICS pour acquerir plus d’expérience dans ce domaine avant de commencer mon Master en humanitarisme. Je crois que tout le monde peut faire une différence positive.




Hi ! My name is ROSE Prewer-Padilla. I’m eighteen years old which makes me the youngest in my team. I’ve joined ICS because it seemed like a fantastic opportunity to be involved in the development of another country, to be educated in other cultures and to gain new skills. Volunteering is a challenging but rewarding experience. 
Salut ! Je suis ROSE Prewer-Padilla. J’ai 18ans, ce qui fait de moi la plus jeune de mon équipe. J’ai rejoint ICS parce qu’il s emblait être une opportunité fantastique de m’impliquer dans le développement d’un autre pays, d’être éduquer dans d’autres cultures, et d’acquérir de nouvelles compétences. Le volontariat est un défi mais aussi une expérience enrichissante.



Hi! I’m Jules Armel KIMA, a national volunteer and I’m the communications officer of my team. I’m still studying Law at University. I’m ready to contribute in anyway to improve life of vulnerable people; It’s why I’ve joined this program to enjoy myself in doing something to offer a better life to people in need. It doesn’t matter where they’re from because I think that a volunteer is a citizen of the world and he has to be open to everybody.
Salut ! Je suis Jules Armel KIMA, un volontaire national et je suis le chargé de la communication de mon équipe. J’étudie le DROIT à l’Université. Je suis prêt à contribuer de quelque façon que ce soit, à l’amélioration de la vie des personnes vulnérables; c’est pourquoi j’ai rejoint ce programme pour m’épanouir en faisant quelque chose de concret à fin d’offrir une vie meilleure à ceux dans le besoin. Peu importe d’où ils viennent car je pense qu’un volontaire est un citoyen du monde et il doit être ouvert à tous.


In the spirit of family and togetherness, we had our first team outing in order to strengthen our familial bonds. For that, we went to see a painter. Some of us bought some pretty little paintings. It was a fun team outing as you can see in the following photos.








1 comment:

  1. Yannick that's great for you to engage yourself in social work. Take a look to my Facebook page Le Civismag (working to solve the problem of incivism). I have a big project of recycling(make a football net with Ouagadougou plastic bags). If you're interested you can contact me through ICS and we'll try to do it(with kids or other people)
    E-mail : pitroipawp@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete